Home insurance

Call us and we'll help you with an insurance coverage for your specific needs. You can also buy the insurance online (questions in swedish).

0771-655 655 Buy home insurance
  1. Privat
  2. Kundservice
  3. In English
  4. Home insurance

A home insurance provides economic compensation in the event of burglary, fire, sickness and accident while you are travelling outside of Sweden, and if you require assistance with liability and legal expenses.

  • Travel insurance

    The home insurance cover for travel worldwide for a period of 45 days.

  • Alternative accommodation

    Help if you cannot live in the home after a fire or water damage.

  • Help in the event of ID theft

    You will be given assistance to limit the damages in the event of ID theft.

The home insurance is valid for your home and covers not just you and your belongings, but also other family members and their personal property. If the home insurance is to be valid for persons other than yourself, their names must be added to the insurance.
There is no legal obligation for you to take out a home insurance policy, but we strongly recommend that you do. 

Compare the coverage Premier Extra Home
Assault cover

If you are the victim of assault in which deliberate violence is used, you are entitled to standard compensation for assault.


Reimbursement for the cost of consultations with a psychologist following a traumatic injurious event. 

ID theft

You will be given assistance to limit the damages in the event of ID theft.

Legal assistance

In certain cases, we will pay solicitors' fees and legal costs of up to SEK 250 000 if you should become involved in a dispute that may be referred to a district court.


If a claim is made against you for injury that you have caused to another person or damage to their belongings, we will investigate whether you are liable for damages and pay any damages up to SEK 5 million.

Personal property cover

You will receive compensation if your personal property is damaged or lost in the following circumstances:

  • fire or lightning
  • theft as a result of your home being burgled or theft of belongings that you have with you when you are away from home. 
  • leakage, i.e. if water is leaking in an unforeseen manner from the pipework system or from connected appliances.
  • natural disasters, e.g. storm, flooding or landslide
  • road traffic accident.
Travel cover

The insurance policy applies for the first 45 days of each private journey (not business trips) whose duration is expected to be more than 48 hours.

  • If you fall ill or have an accident during the trip, you can receive reimbursement for medical care expenses, travel expenses (e.g. additional costs to return home) and additional costs for board and lodging.
  • You will also receive reimbursement for the cost of emergency dental treatment.
  • Personal property cover applies up to the amount 80 000 kr (Premier) 50 000 kr (Extra) and 30 000 kr (basic) for items that you take on your journey.
  • Personal liability cover, legal expenses cover and assault cover also apply when travelling.
All risk

When insured personal property is damaged or lost through a sudden, unforeseen, external event. Provides cover up to 50 000 SEK if you have Home Extra and 80 000 SEK if you have Home Premier. This kind of cover is also called "bad luck".

Removals insurance cover

Provides cover up to the total sum insured during the move between two homes.

Electronic replacement cost

For electronics that are under 2 years old, you will receive the equivalent new equipment if it is damaged or ceases to function. The term electronics refers to household appliances, sound and/or image reproduction equipment and computers, but not cameras, mobile phones, tablets, portable music players or GPS devices.

  • Cancellation protection – if you have to cancel your trip due to illness or accident, we will provide compensation for the costs that you are unable to recoup from your tour operator. 
  • If at least half of the travelling time is affected due to illness, you can receive compensation commensurate with the cost of the whole trip. 
  • If, due to an accident, you arrive too late for a journey that has been booked and paid for in advance, we will pay the cost involved in making up the difference. 
  • You can receive reimbursement for unused travel expenses if you were unable to complete a large part of the trip due to illness or an accident. This applies during the first 45 days of the trip and not during an extension of the travel cover.
  • You may receive some compensation if your luggage fails to turn up at your destination on time.
  • If you are charged a deductible for a damage on a rental car while on a trip abroad we reimburse the deductible up to SEK 10,000.


If you have a question about our insurance you can find the answers to the most frequently asked questions here.  You can also call us on 0771-655 655

  1. Privat
  2. Kundservice
  3. In English
  4. Home insurance