Information regarding Coronavirus
We follow the recommendations from The Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. We strongly advice all travelers to look for information about the spread of the virus from the WHO website which is updated regularly. Please also pay close attention to The Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs as they may expand or invalidate travel recommendations as the outbreak develops.
Business trips today
Business trips within Sweden still take place every day, maybe it is a meeting with a customer where you live or maybe it is a trip with the train to visit an office in another town. Our business travel insurance is also valid for shorter trips. Maybe a computer has gotten stolen on the train? Or did a phone break during the sales meeting? In cases like those, having a business travel insurance is grateful.
Is your company going on a business trip abroad?
Despite the current situation with Covid-19, a business-critical trip may have to be made sometimes. In those cases, it is especially important to have a business travel insurance which can cover e.g. costs for care if an employee becomes ill in covid-19 during the trip or if you realize that you will need to rebook or cancel your trip.
Some tips for you who are traveling abroad
- Look up in advance how the possibilities to maintain distance, wash your hands and similar at the destination are, this to help to avoid the spread of the virus and also to make you feel safe.
- Are there any travel restrictions you should be aware of before going? Such as showing a negative covid-19-test when entering the destination? Or is there perhaps a quarantine rule? Visit Sweden Abroad to read updated and reliable information about different country’s restrictions due to the virus.
- Keep in mind that the health care system at the destination might be struggling with providing everyone with health care due to the special circumstances and that there is a higher risk for you having to be repatriated home in a larger extent. Our business travel insurance can help you with this cover when it is needed.
- If a lockdown would take place or if the airline company would cancel flights, what alternative ways are there for getting home safely?
To help prevent the spread of the virus, your cancellation cover applies when there is a travel advice from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs in your country of residence, or if you are subject to restrictions regarding entry to your destination. You must be able to prove the current travel advice/restriction yourself.
We cover cancellation costs if the travel advise remains when it is 72 hours or less left before scheduled departure. If the trip was booked when there was a travel advise to the destination, we will not cover cancellation costs.
Remember that the travel insurance only covers the costs that you do not get in return from the tour operator. We kindly ask you to contact the tour operator before contacting us.
Keep in mind that cancellation cover is optional and is not automatically included in your insurance.
We will reimburse necessary and reasonable additional costs for travel and accommodation in the event of evacuation or quarantine called for by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs in Sweden, or the corresponding authority at the destination.
Travels that takes place even though there is a travel advice can mean a provoking of an insured event, which is not covered by the insurance. For more information about what applies for your company when it comes to evacuation and quarantine, please contact us.
If you have Covid-19 symptoms during your business trip, your insurance will reimburse necessary and reasonable costs for medical care and prescribed medications. If the illness means that your stay needs to be changed and/or that you must buy a new return trip, we will reimburse the cost if it is medically necessary according to the treating doctor at the destination and approved by SOS International.
Tests for Covid-19 will only be reimbursed in case of illness if it is medically necessary and requested by a registered doctor.
If you need emergency medical assistance abroad, contact SOS International: +46 8 792 71 31.
1. One of our employees who lives in Norway is going on a business trip to Dubai on 3rd November. Will you reimburse the cancellation?
If the trip was booked when there was no travel advise/restriction, but at 72 hours or less until departure, a travel advice is introduced by the Norwegian Ministry for Foreign Affairs or if Dubai introduces entry restrictions, we will reimburse cancellation costs that you do not get in return from the tour operator.
2. We booked a business trip in June to Spain, with departure in January. We want to cancel it now, will you reimburse the cancellation?
At the moment there is no travel advise from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs regarding travels to Spain. However, if the Ministry for Foreign Affairs introduces a travel advice for travels to Spain, and the advice remains when there is 72 hours or less left until departure, we will reimburse the cancellation costs that you do not get in return from the tour operator.
3. I am going on a business trip to China but have heard that the Chinese government demands that all travelers from Sweden must be quarantined for two weeks. Will you reimburse the cancellation?
As you are subject to a travel restriction for entry into China, we will reimburse your cancellation costs, if the travel restriction remains at 72 hours or less until scheduled departure.
4. I'm going on a business trip within Sweden, but now that the spread of infection is increasing, I do not want to go. Do I get compensation if I cancel?
We follow the Swedish Public Health Agency's recommendations - Folkhälsomyndigheten. If they advise against traveling within Sweden, we will cover your cancellation if their recommendation remains when it’s 72 hours or less until your scheduled departure time.