HelpMe app – Doctor online
Travel safe with medical advice in your pocket. Download the HelpMe application and get free access to advice and guidance if you get sick or injured during your travel abroad.
Get medical advice 24/7 seven days a week. Applies worldwide.
Get medical advice in your language
You choose what language you want to use.
Medical advice free of charge
Download and use the App for free.
This is how you use the App
The HelpMe App is available on App Store and Google Play. We recommend that you download the App and make your settings before you travel. If something happens during your trip and you need immediate help it is good to have the App ready for use.
- Medical advice 24/7, or help from a doctor 08.00 am-10.00 pm (Swedish time)
- Help in your own language.
- You decide how to contact us: chat, video or phone.
- The best solution for you.
- Advice on how to get to the closest hospital or doctor clinic.
- Advice regarding medical repatriation or the need to extend the duration of the trip due to sickness or accident.
- HelpMe App is available anywhere in the world.
Create your user profile
- Create your user profile with help from mobile bank id, or by registering your passport. Use your login information the next time you login to HelpMe App.
- Fill in your name, gender, birth date, country, language, mobile phone number and that you have an insurance at If.
- Click on ”save”
When you need to use the App:
- Log in
- Click on ”get help”.
- You access a virtual waiting room.
- The consultation with SOS Internationals handler begins.
- If you need to talk to a doctor you will receive a booked appointment for this. You can talk to the doctor via video, chat or phone call in the App.
- If you need to visit a hospital or a doctor clinic you will receive address information and how to get there using the map function in the App.
- All conversations will be saved in the App. You don´t have to remember or make notes what time you received for the appointment, where you shall go and who you talked to at SOS International.
Who can use the App?
The HelpMe App can be used by you and the persons included in your household insurance, or the company´s business travel insurance or expatriate insurance.
For the household insurance it is important that you control that all persons living with you are stated in the policy letter, otherwise the insurance is not valid for them. Log in to My pages to find your policy letter. If any person is missing you can add them by submitting this form.
The HelpMe App can only be used by person´s who have an If insurance. The cooperation with SOS International is only available for If´s customers.
What does it cost to use the App?
The download is free of charge and you don´t have to pay any fees when you contact SOS International for advice. Chat, video and phone via the App is also free of charge if you use Wi-Fi connection.
How do I identify myself?
When you contact SOS International for advice you state your personal number or the insurance number. They can see if you are an If customer and what kind of insurance you are covered by.
If someone other than you are sick or injured SOS International also need this person´s personal number or insurance number.
How can I get a medicine prescription?
SOS International does not prescribe medicines, but they give medical advice. If you need a medicine prescription SOS International will help you to get in contact with a doctor clinic who can help you further.
Can the HelpMe App be used in Sweden?
The HelpMe App is available when you travel outside Sweden to get in contact with a doctor or a hospital in the best possible way. When you travel within Sweden you contact the public health care as usual.
When you login you receive a four-digit code via sms and email. Without this code you cannot login, so control that you have stated correct phone number and email address.
If you forgot your user id and password, you can reset them under login.
Problems creating a profile
If the company providing Bank id have technical problem, there will also be problem with the registration in the App. Wait a moment and try again later.
If it does not work with Bank id you can create a profile with your passport instead.
The chat, voice- or video call is not working
You must approve that the App have access to your camera and microphone. If it´s a voice call the App only needs access to the microphone and if you will chat you don´t have to do anything. (unless you want to upload a picture). If you haven´t given your consent, you cannot join the conversation.
Bad video call quality
It depends on bad Wi-Fi- or mobile data connection. Try chat or voice calls instead.
Which browser should I use?
If you´re not using the HelpMe App in your mobile phone but uses a computer instead, choose one of the following:
If you use your mobile phone no one of these browsers work, you should use the App instead.